Streamkeepers Volunteer Insurance Program
Download the PSkF membership application form and the Streamkeepers Volunteer Insurance application form in compressed (zipped) format - $2,000,000 or $5,000,000 coverage.Click on this logo to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Master Policy will be issued in the name of Pacific Streamkeepers Federation. To be eligible for insurance coverage available under this program, you or your group must belong to PSkF at a cost of $15 per year. When joining, please provide PSkF with a list of members current as at the date of applying for your membership.
- Applications must be completed by an officer or authorized representative of the society or club and be returned to Speirs & Co Limited by fax at 604-669-2211 or by mail to Speirs & Co. Limited, Suite 730, 800 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2V6. Once the application is received and reviewed, a representative of Speirs & Co. Limited will contact you to advise you or the annual premium.
- Each group has their own policy and the PSkF is added as a named insured as well, and a certificate of insurance will be sent to the individual, association or club. A copy of your certificate of insurance will also be sent to Streamkeepers. Municipalities are automatically named as additional insureds under the policy and if requested, you may provide your local government with a copy of your certificate of insurance.
- This insurance policy will not cover special events such as those where members of the public are invited for the purpose of fundraising, or for public relations purposes. Groups who hold such events throughout the year and which require liability insurance are entitled to apply for Special Events Liability Insurance at significant savings over conventional insurance. Certificates of insurance will be issued by Speirs & Co. covering the specific dates and event that is covered. A separate application form is available for this purpose.
This outline is not a contract of insurance. It is merely a brief description of the various coverage quoted. In all cases, the provisions of the actual policy riders and conditions shall prevail. Coverage is for a one-year term and includes the following benefits:
- COMPREHENSIVE GENERAL LIABILITY (including Directors & Officers/Wrongful Acts):
|Limit $2,000,000 each occurrence|
|Participants’ coverage included.|
|Covers all activities of the society or club, and their members, officers and directors as identified in the application for the policy.|
|Includes Directors’ and Officers’ Errors and Omissions/Wrongful Acts at sub-limit of $1,000,000.|
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE BENEFITS:
|1. Accidental death and dismemberment limit||$10,000|
|2. Permanent total disability Limit||$20,000|
|3. Accidental dental limit||$1,000|
|4. Accidental reimbursement clause||$10,000|
|5. Fracture indemnity limit||$500|
|6. Tuition limit||$2,000|
|7. Emergency transportation limit||$100|
|8. Eyeglasses/contact lenses limit||$100|
|10. Special treatment limit||$1,000|
|11. Prosthetic appliance limit||$3,000|
|12. Youth wage loss||$1,000|
|14. Weekly indemnity (30-day waiting period)||$250|
Optional property insurance can be arranged through Speirs & Co. Limited covering office equipment, accounts receivable, money, equipment, uniforms and out-of-country medical available up to $2,000,000.
View our FAQ